Before the ritual, remove and study the following trump cards: Keys 0,1, 2,4,5,11,12,13, 20, and 21.
(1) Perform the Relaxation Ritual.
(2) Perform the LBRP.
(3) Light a stick of incense to serve as your ritual tool. Go to the southeast (SE) corner of the room and face outward. Trace a large cross and circle there with the stick of incense. As you draw the cross, visualize it in a golden light. The circle should be imagined as flaming red, and when tracing it, vibrate the name, "YEHESHUAH" (yeh-hay-shoe-ah). On the last syllable, stab the center of the cross and circle with the incense, charging it.
(4) Keeping the point of the incense at the level of the center of the cross, walk to the southwest (SW). Draw the cross and circle (rose) as before and thrust the stick through the center of the figure, vibrating, "YEHESHUAH."
(5) Move to the northwest (NW) and repeat this process.
THE ROSE CROSS
THE ROSE CROSS
East-Above THE LOVERS
East-Above THE LOVERS
West-Below THE DEVIL
THE CUBE OF SPACE
West-Below THE DEVIL
(6) Move to the northeast (NE) and repeat.
(7) Return to the SE and complete the circle. Touch the center of the cross already drawn there, but do not re-trace or intone the name.
(8) Now move diagonally across the room toward the NW, but stop in the very center of the temple and make the Rose Cross above your head. Intone the name as before. With the incense held point up in the air, walk to the NW corner of the room. Touch the tip of the stick to the center of the cross already formed there. Do not retrace or say the name.
(9) Move diagonally across the room again toward the SE but stop in the center of the temple. Trace the Rose Cross below you and vibrate the name. Keep the point of the stick held down and continue to walk to the SE corner. Touch the point of the incense to the center of the Rose Cross already formed there. Do not re-draw or vibrate.
(10) Move deosil to the SW and touch the stick to the Cross already traced there. Vibrate the name "YEHESHUAH."
(11) Walk diagonally toward the NE but stop in the middle of the room to touch the center of the Cross above your head. Intone the name. Continue on to the NE and touch the center of the Cross there.
(12) Move diagonally across the room toward the SW but stop in the middle of the temple to touch the center of the Cross below you. Intone the name. Continue on to the SW corner and touch the center of the Cross already there. Move clockwise and link up with all the crosses by touching their centers (NW, NE and SE). No need to intone as you do so. Upon returning to the SE, the site of the first cross, touch the center and pause. Then remake the gold cross over the original, only much larger and vibrate "YEHESHUAH." Trace a larger red circle over the original and vibrate, "YEHOVASHAH" (y eh-ho-vah-shah).
(13) Walk deosil to the center of the room. Observe all six Rose Crosses surrounding you, all connected by white ribbons of light.
(14) Say, "YOD. HEH. SHIN. VAV. HEH. The elements four, crowned and enlivened by the Fifth. Spirit manifesting into matter. Manifest now into this Cube of Space which I have fashioned from Thy symbol. Illuminate me with your shining glory. Let me partake of the Secret Wisdom contained therein."
(15) At this point, light another incense stick if it is needed. Go to the SE and draw the Hebrew letter VAV there in red-orange. Visualize the Tarot Trump of THE HIEROPHANT in all detail and color. Take as much time as is needed for the visualization.
(16) Walk deosil to the SW and trace the Hebrew letter LAMED in green. Imagine the card of JUSTICE clearly before you.
(17) Move to the NW and draw there the letter NUN in blue-green. See the Tarot card of DEATH in all detail.
(18) Go to the NE and trace in the air the letter HEH in red. Visualize the figure of THE EMPEROR there in regal splendor.
(19) Return to the SE and touch the letter VAV traced there. Turn and walk diagonally across the room towards the NW but stop in the center of the temple and trace above your head the Hebrew letter BETH in yellow. See the powerful form of THE MAGICIAN above you. After a moment of contemplation, continue on to the NW. Touch the letter NUN already drawn there.
(20) Turn and walk back diagonally across the room toward the SE but stop in the center of the temple to trace the Hebrew letter GIMEL on the floor beneath you in blue. Imagine the Tarot card of THE HIGH PRIESTESS located there. Continue on to the SE and touch the letter of VAV already traced there.
(21) The next part of the ritual will entail touching the Hebrew letters already drawn and visualizing the Tarot Trumps. Imagine that each card provides you with vital information that will help you on your spiritual quest. Take as much time as you need to complete each visualization. Start with the SE and THE HIEROPHANT.
(22) Move deosil to the SW and the card of JUSTICE.
(23) Move diagonally toward the NE and stop in the center to touch THE MAGICIAN above you.
(24) Continue to the NE and the THE EMPEROR.
(25) Move diagonally across the room toward the SW but stop in the center of the temple to touch THE HIGH PRIESTESS below you.
(26) Continue on to the SW and touch the card of JUSTICE.
(27) Go clockwise to the NW and to the card of DEATH.
(28) Move to the NE and THE EMPEROR.
(29) Return to the SE and THE HIEROPHANT.
(30) Go to the center of the temple and see yourself in a Cube of Light. Bathe yourself in its warm glow. Contemplate any information that the Tarot Trumps may have given you. Notice that very close to you are the Mother Letters, SHIN in red, ALEPH in yellow, and MEM in blue, the primal elements of Fire, Air and Water. But in your immediate space, lies the Hebrew letter TAU in violet blue. Enveloping you is the Tarot card of THE UNIVERSE. Visualize the starry heavens and the Great Goddess Isis surrounded by the signs of the zodiac, holding the wands of double power. Contemplate on this vision for a few moments and see if there is an additional message.
(31) When you feel ready, perform the Analysis of the Keyword (given in the BRH, parts 8-17).
(32) Perform the Qabalistic Cross.
The traditional Rose Cross Ritual consists of the drawing of the six crosses and the analysis of the Keyword only. This ritual is usually employed to calm energy and maintain peace in the immediate area. It can also be used for astral healing. In this case we chose to combine its meditative techniques with a formula based on the Cube of Space. This diagram has its origins in the ancient Qabalistic text known as the Sepher Yetzirah. It describes the paths of the Tree of Life as having specific directions in space. Modern Qabalists have assigned the Tarot Trumps to these directions as well. The directions given in the Rose Cross Ritual made it perfectly adaptable as a Tarot illumination ritual using the formula of the Cube of Space.
A student usually likes to pick a card that personally represents him or her. The obvious choice is to select one of the Court cards that best describes a person's physical and individual traits. A sociable, young woman with plenty of energy for getting things done, might pick the Princess of Pentacles as her personal card. An older, scholarly man might choose the King of Swords as an emblem. Another way of selecting a personal card is to use the Golden Dawn's system of the Decanates. To find the Birth Card means that the reader will need to know the information contained in his/her birth chart. Then refer to the diagram in Chapter One which shows how the Minor cards of the Tarot correspond to the decanates of the zodiac. For example a person whose Sun is in the sign of Aries would have the Three of Wands as his Birth Card. In another case, someone whose Moon is in the sign of Taurus would have the Six of Pentacles for the personal card. The Sun sign is not always the aspect that will reveal the Birth Card.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.