Based on Astrological Data
This method can be used in conjunction with the Tarot cards and pertinent astrological information such as the Sun sign and the rising sign. The purpose of this formula is to discover the main obstacle in a person's life which hinges upon the zodiacal aspects at the time of his/her birth. Many of the problems in a person's life have a mental cause which is due to a lack of development in some particular area of consciousness. When this area is discovered, the formula given here can be used to evoke the mental qualities corresponding to the underdeveloped section of the mind.
This technique uses the numbers corresponding to the Tarot Keys (Trumps) in a mathematical formula to find certain cards that shed light on the problem and its solution.
(1) THE INDIVIDUALITY KEY. This card corresponds to the person's Sun sign.
(2) THE PERSONALITY KEY. This card refers to the Ascendent sign.
(3) THE PROBLEM KEY. To find this card, add the number of the Individuality Key to that of the Personality Key. (If the number is over 21, reduce it). The resulting number is attributed to the Trump which signifies the problem.
(4) THE SOLUTION KEY. To find this card, subtract the number of the Personality Key from that of the Individuality Key (or the reverse if Individuality Key card is a smaller number). The resulting number is that of the solution.
(5) THE MEANS KEY. This card is obtained by subtracting the number of the Solution Key from that of the Problem Key (or the reverse if Problem Key has a smaller number).
(6) THE INTEGRATION KEY. This final card is found by adding up the numbers of all the previous cards and reducing the final number down to a number that is under 21.
Example: To find the Problem Key, add the Individuality Key (Sun sign) and the Personality Key (Ascendant). If the resulting number is over 21, reduce it (28 = 2 + 8 = 10).
Then find the Solution Key which indicates the kind of consciousness that you need to develop in order to understand the main problem in this incarnation. Take the difference between the Personality Key and the Individuality Key.
Next is the Means Key, the phase of consciousness through which the mental activity indicated by the Solution Key may be administered to aid in understanding the hidden psychological causes of the main problem of this incarnation. Take the difference between the Problem Key and the Solution Key.
Example: If a person's Sun sign is Cancer, the Individuality Key would be the Chariot card (7). If the rising sign is Aquarius, the Personality Key would be the Star card (17).
The Problem Key would be the Lovers (6). (7 +17 = 24.) (24 = 2 + 4 = 6.)
The Solution Key would be the Wheel of Fortune (10). (17 -7 =
The Means Key would be the Emperor (4). (10 -6 = 4.)
The Integration Key in this case is the card of Strength (8). (7 + 17 + 6 + 10 + 4 = 44.) (44 = 4 + 4 = 8.) This Key is meant to aid in integrating the Problem to the Solution through the Means Key, blending Individuality and Personality so that they may operate as a equilibrated unit.
Was this article helpful?
The pathology of the poet says that the undevout astronomer is mad the pathology of the very plain man says that the genius is mad and between these extremes, which stand for ten thousand analogous excesses, the sovereign reason takes the part of a moderator and does what it can. I do not think that there is a pathology of the occult dedications, but about their extravagances no one can question, and it is not less difficult than thankless to act as a moderator regarding them.